Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Halloween

It's been years since I cared at all about Halloween. For some of us, once we are too old to "trick-or-treat" and we're relegated to handing out candy to the neighborhood (when we really just want to be vegging on the couch), Halloween is just not what it used to be. Sure, you have the occasional party with friends but then you have to go through the hassle of figuring out what you are going to wear. Anyway, not the same...and then I had a baby.

Jackson has made Halloween fun again. Seeing him all dressed up and remembering how fun it was when I was little (and how much he'll love it when he's a little older and can actually eat the candy) just made me love this holiday again. And now, I get to eat the candy, so win win!

I was home in Salem, VA for Halloween this year, which made Jackson's grandma and great grandma VERY happy. We went over to great grandma's (aka Nanu) to trick or treat in that neighborhood. Nanu wanted to show Jackson off to her neighbors and enjoy seeing the costume she bought for him months ago. Of course, he grew so much that while we thought the 9mo costume would still be ok, it was a tight fit. But we managed.



Just got his costume on, barely zipped, but he seems happy!



My shy lion with daddy.



I just like this picture for some reason :)



First house for trick-or-treat...the Overrackers next door to my grandmother. Jewel is so sweet and walked around the neighborhood with us afterwards.



Nanu gave Jackson a light to trick-or-treat with. He was quite amazed!



Seriously, do you get any cuter than this!



ROAR!


I already can't wait until next Halloween. Now we have Christmas to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment