Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Funky Town

The song requests, "Won't you take me to Funky Town." I, on the other hand, am requesting an air lift out of funky town. Yes, I've been in a funk this week. The past several weeks I felt like the energizer bunny, but I think I hit the end of the life on my battery this weekend, likely after I cleaned the house for like 5-6 hours straight (and I mean cleaned...baseboards, ceilings, fan blades, etc....um, nesting anyone??)

Unfortunately this week has been a bit draining so far. Almost a comedy of errors from minor annoying comments or events to big things that you just almost have to laugh about...like your dog popping out his sutures and now having a hole in his face, or just today finding out I had forgotten to lock the truck and it was broken into last night (David's GPS and Ipod gone, but nothing else). Add these things to the enormity of other things on my (and David's) mind, from small decisions to mega huge ones, and I really just want to take a nap.

But somehow, even though I'm tired and feeling a bit funky, God has managed to keep my focus on the things that really matter and I find myself in a state of praising Him for all that He has done. If I can keep my focus there, then I'm sure that air lift from Funky Town is right around the corner. In fact, I think I hear the helicopter in the distance :)
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus...and the things on earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment